We’ve locked the date in at November 10th, with an 11:00am kick off!
For those of you don’t know me very well; I’m one of those guys that has a never ending list of questions.
And fortunately for my business mentors, I have very easy access to each of them via Skype, Facebook, Phone and some times in person!
For a while now, I’ve been thinking about how I can bring my circle of mentors together for a ‘workshop slash Hackathon’ to see just how much we can do on Warcom, in a day.
Companies like Facebook, Twitter and even Microsoft have long history of running ‘Hackathons’ for years now.
Quote: Hackathons are a big tradition at Facebook.
They serve as the foundation for some great (and not so great) ideas.
It gives our employees the opportunity to try out new ideas and collaborate with other people in a fun environment.
As Warcom is a for profit business, we obviously need to be careful with info disclosed at this event, as we certainly don’t want our secrets getting out into the wrong hands.
Can you imagine what might happen, if someone like this this guy found out how to run an online business?
It could be a disaster. He might actually realise you can make money online.
Here’s the concept I’ve very vaguely conjured up in my head:
- I’m inviting the best of the best minds in Australia to attend this one day only event; (which may run late into the night).
- We’ll discuss our PPC, SEO, SEM & PPC strategies.
- We’ll discuss our Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin & Pinterest strategies.
- You will meet the guys and girls, I think are the best in the eCommerce industry.
- You’ll be able to share and demo your best practices right here on the Warcom site (subject to the go-ahead by the majority).
- We’ll discuss our tried and tested eCommerce.
- You get to meet me and my awesome team!
When is it?
- Some time later November … When suits you guys?
How much is it?
Here’s the kicker:
- You will be listed on the Warcom site as an attendee, along with the group that you worked in; along with the outcomes achieved.
List of Invitees:
Mark Freidin – @twithead - Former COTD COO
Jason Munn - @jasonmun
Simon Hackett - simonhackett – Internode
Rebecca Arsenoulis – Modbec.
Kunal Kripalani - KunalKripalani – Web Strategy
Laurel Papworth - @SilkCharm
John McClumpha – @JohnMcClumpha
Adrian Larocque – Thirdgear.
Jim Stewart – @JimBoot - Stewart Media
Michael Chandler – @Optiks
Nathan Huppatz – @Huppy - Direct Shop
Mike Arsenoulis – Modbec.
The Entourage - @entourageoz
Justin & Andre – @theqwoffboys - Vinomofo
Richard Branson - @richardbranson (We can dream .. )
Scott Killmartin - @ScottKilmartin – Haul
Kate Kendall - @KateKendall - The Fetch
Trevor Young - @trevoryoung - PR Warrior
Tony Hsieh – @zappos- Zappos. (Still dreaming .. )
Matt Bullock - @mattbullock - eWay
Joel Gascoigne - @joelgascoigne - bufferapp
Darren Rowse - @darrenrowse - Problogger
Alan Jones - @bigyahu
.. more to come.
let me know if you can make it! - email@example.com
Advisor to the following businesses: